According to the legislation of Ukraine, a child who is a citizen of Ukraine may be adopted by foreigners if:
- the child is registered for at least 1 year in the central executive body, whose responsibilities include adoption and protection of children's rights (Ministry of Social Policy);
- the child has reached the age of five years.
- the adopter is a relative of the child;
- the child suffers from a disease included in the special list of diseases approved by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine (Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine dated December 27, 2011 No. 973);
- the adoption of all siblings in one family is carried out, if one of them has reached the age of five and is registered in the central executive body, whose authority includes the adoption and protection of children's rights for at least one year;
- foreigners have expressed a desire to adopt a child who is a brother or sister previously adopted by their child.
Citizens of Ukraine residing outside Ukraine, and foreigners who wish to adopt a child living in Ukraine, apply only to the Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine.
Schedule for receiving documents: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 14:00 to 16:00.
Address: 01601, Kyiv, 8/10 Esplanadna Street, tel. +380 (44) 289-5361, +380 (44) 289-5539, email@example.com
- application for registration of candidates for the adopter, certified notarially;
- a certificate from the place of work about the salary for the last six months or a copy of the declaration of income for the previous calendar year, certified by the authority that issued it or notarized;
- a notarized copy of the marriage certificate registered with the competent authorities of the country (in duplicate);
- conclusion on the health of each applicant in the form according to Annex No. 3 of the Procedure for the Adoption and Supervision of Adoption of the Rights of Adopted Children approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine Decree No. 905 of 08.10.2008;
- notarized written consent of the second spouse to the adoption, indicating the reasons for the adoption of only one of the spouses (in the case of adoption of a child by one of the spouses), unless otherwise provided by law;
- a certificate of verification in the territory of the country of residence of evidence of the presence or absence of a criminal record for each applicant issued by the competent authority of the country of residence;
- a conclusion issued by the competent authority of the country of residence, confirming the possibility of applicants to be adoptive parents in three copies. The conclusion shall indicate the address, living and living conditions (number of bedrooms, availability of living conditions for the child), biographical data, family composition (number of persons living with the applicant, degree of family ties, the presence of their own children), attitude Applicants for adoption, adolescents' adoption training and upbringing, preliminary examination of the requirements for the adoption of an orphan child, a child deprived of parental care in Ukraine, information on previously adopted children, their health status v'ya, development, education, accommodation, stay in the family after adoption by social support.
The conclusion should include recommendations on the number, age and health status of children eligible for adoption by the applicants. Recommendations concerning the health status of a child are indicated in the case when the applicants are recommended to adopt a child with a disability suffering from a disease included in the approved by the MOH list of diseases that give the right to adoption of a child without adherence to the terms of her stay in the Minsotspolitiki, as well as children Under the age of five. The conclusion also indicates information on the existence (absence) of court decisions regarding the recognition of applicants incapacitated, deprivation of their parental rights, the abolition of adoption or invalidation, the removal of their children, as well as the facts of refusals of applicants from the education of their own or adopted children.
If a conclusion is issued by a non-governmental body, a copy of the license (to each copy of the conclusion) for the exercise of this activity by the agency related to the adoption is attached to it, a notarized document containing the information on the accreditation of the child adoption agency in the territory of the foreign state (if available ), A notarized copy of the document confirming the fact of the conclusion of the agreement between the adopters and the relevant agency for the adoption of children in the territory of a foreign state (if any), as indicated Information on providing the agency and the adopters with timely reporting, informing the consular or diplomatic mission of Ukraine about any emergencies, including changes in the place of residence of the child, the possibility of abolishing the adoption or transfer to the upbringing of the adopted child to other foreigners, orphanages And children deprived of parental care, separation from adoptive parents, violations of children's rights and legitimate interests, accidents, child deaths, etc.
Foreigners permanently residing in Ukraine, as evidenced by a residence permit issued by Ukraine, issued by territorial bodies or units of the LCI, the conclusion is prepared by the child labor service at the place of their residence.
- the permit of the competent authority of the country of residence of the applicants for the entry and permanent residence of the adopted child, except for Ukrainian citizens residing outside Ukraine, and foreigners residing in the territory of the country with which Ukraine has a visa-free regime;
- a copy of the passport or other identification document in four copies;
- a notarized copy of the document confirming the ownership or use of the dwelling, indicating its total and living space and the number of bedrooms;
- notarized written consent of the applicant who is a foreigner for obtaining information about him in the General Secretariat of Interpol and the law enforcement agencies of the state of which the alien is a citizen and the state in whose territory he resides up to the age of reaching the adopted child at the age of eighteen (in duplicate );
- issued by the competent authority of the applicant's country of residence on the established form of the document or, in the absence thereof, a notarized written consent of the applicant for the receipt and processing of personal data about him and the adopted child in all competent authorities of the country of residence up to the age of reaching the adopted child of eighteen years (in triplicate) ;
- the information of the competent authority of the applicant's country of residence and the information of the consular or diplomatic mission of Ukraine on the timeliness (non-timeliness) of the submission of reports and the presence (absence) of facts of improper fulfillment of duties by the adopter who is a foreigner or a citizen of Ukraine permanently residing outside of Ukraine, Re-adoption on the territory of Ukraine;
- the applicant's obligations are notarized (in duplicate). The obligation must indicate the applicant's address (if there are several places of residence, the address of each of them), passport details, telephone number and e-mail address. This document should be addressed to the Ministry of Social Policy and the Consular Office or the diplomatic mission of Ukraine regarding the obligations:
- place the child in the register at the appropriate consular establishment or diplomatic mission of Ukraine (with the name of the institution, representation, address) within a month after entering the country of residence;
- to ensure the right of an adopted child to retain citizenship of Ukraine until he reaches the age of 18;
- submit to the consular post or diplomatic mission of Ukraine at least once a year during the first three years after adoption, and thereafter once every three years until the child reaches the age of eighteen, a report on the conditions of residence and health of the adopted child in accordance with Appendix 5 " The Procedure for the Implementation of Adoption and Supervision of Adoption of the Rights of Adopted Children "approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 905 dated 08.10.2008;
- to enable the representative of the consular establishment or diplomatic mission of Ukraine to communicate with the child;
- notify the consular establishment or diplomatic mission of Ukraine about the change of the adopted child's place of residence;
- within 20 working days, inform the Consular Office or the diplomatic mission of Ukraine about the transfer of the adopted child to other foreigners, institutions for orphans and children deprived of parental care, and the removal of the child by law enforcement agencies and social welfare authorities;
- immediately, but not later than three days later, notify the consular establishment or diplomatic mission of Ukraine of cases of violation of the rights and legitimate interests of the adopted child, as well as accidents with the adopted child and its death.
In the case of adoption of a child by one of the spouses, the documents provided for in paragraphs 4, 9, 6, 11 and 12 shall be submitted to each of the spouses.
Notarized statements about the size of the wages or other income of the applicants, the possession of their property or the right to use the property, other applications do not replace the documents specified above.
The documents are accepted by the Ministry of Social Policy if all the above documents are available.
Documents provided for in paragraphs 1, 2, 4-7, 11-14 are submitted in originals. In the case where the original of the document is kept by the authority that issued it (as to be indicated in the document itself), a copy of it shall be submitted, notarized.
The documents provided above are issued in the country of residence of the applicants. Foreigners who permanently reside in Ukraine, as evidenced by a permanent residence permit in Ukraine, issued by territorial bodies or units of the LCA, draw up documents in the territory of Ukraine. Foreigners who temporarily reside in Ukraine are issuing documents in the country of permanent residence.
Each document referred to above (except for a copy of the passport or other identity document), as well as any application, appeals of citizens of Ukraine residing outside of Ukraine and foreigners on issues related to adoption are subject to legalization at the appropriate foreign diplomatic institution of Ukraine , Unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine, and submitted to the Ministry of Social Policy, together with their translation into Ukrainian, which is certified in the established manner.
Applications and applications of foreigners legally residing in Ukraine are in Ukrainian and certified by a notary public. Applications, appeals that are executed in violation of the requirements specified above, are not subject to consideration. The term of validity of the aforementioned documents, in addition to the documents specified in paragraphs 12 and 13 of the "Procedure for carrying out activities for the adoption and supervision of the observance of the rights of adopted children", approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 905 dated 08.10.2008, is one year from the date of their issue, if The other is not provided by the legislation of the country (as indicated in the document), in which they are issued.
At the date of submitting the documents of the Ministry of Social Policy, the term of their further action must be not less than six months. In cases where the period of validity of the documents in accordance with the legislation of the country that issued them is less than six months, they must be valid on the day they are submitted to the Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine.