|Guardianship is a form of placement of orphans and children deprived of parental care in the family of citizens who are mostly in family relationships with these children in order to provide education, education, development, protection of the rights and interests of children ( Section 19 of the Family Code of Ukraine).
The guardian (guardian) is the legal representative of the interests of the child and is responsible for his life, health, physical and mental development. To guarantee these standards in accordance with the law of Ukraine & laquo; About state aid to families with children & raquo; The guardian (trustee) has the opportunity to receive state aid for the child.
Under guardianship (care) may be children who have the status of an orphan or a child deprived of parental care. The orphan's care is set over a child under 14 years of age, and care - over a child aged 14 to 18 years.
The trustee (trustee) is appointed on his or her request from close relatives or other persons, taking into account their ability to take care of the orphan and all related duties, taking into account the existing relationship between the guardian and the child. The installation of custody of an orphan, as well as care of orphans, is carried out by the Child Services Service at the place of residence of the child or the guardian (trustee).
Persons who can not be guardians:
- have not reached the age of 18;
- recognized as incapacitated or restricted;
- deprived of parental rights;
- former guardians (trustees, adoptive parents), deprived of the right to improperly perform the duties assigned to them;
- for health reasons, they can not fulfill obligations to raise children of invalids of I-II groups;
- persons who have deep organic lesions of the nervous system, alcohol and drug addiction;
- individuals with & nbsp; AIDS patients, an open form of tuberculosis;
- persons who have officially registered associal manifestations, mental disorders, predisposition to violence;
- persons with whom family members living on a common living space have deep organic lesions of the nervous system;
- persons whose interests conflict with the interests of the child.
Child under guardianship:
- retains the status of an orphan or a child deprived of parental care, and avails himself of all the relevant benefits;
- retains his surname, name;
- has the right to reside in the family of a guardian or a trustee, on guard from his part;
- retains the right to housing and property belonging to it; For their preservation until the child reaches the age of majority responsible authorities of care and care.
WHAT STEPS BEFORE GETTING GUARDIANSHIP
STEP 1. Write a statement to the children's service at the place of residence of the child you want to take care of and add such a package of documents:
STEP 2. After filing an application with the candidate, within 10 business days, the Child Services Officer handles your documents, examines your living conditions, draws up an act and writes an opinion about your & nbsp; ability to take care of the child & nbsp; & nbsp; to take care of the child.
- a copy of the birth certificate of the person in need of care or another document confirming his age (this document must be either at you or in a child care institution where the child lives);
- a copy of the death certificate of the parents, or a court decision declaring a citizen missing, or declaring them dead, or other materials confirming the impossibility of bringing up the child by parents;
- an act of reviewing the living conditions of a person in need of care, and a description of his property (performed by the service for juveniles);
- a certificate on the health of the person in need of care and a future guardian (issued by you at the clinic at the place of residence);
- a certificate of the place of residence of the future guardian;
- a statement on the assumption of the duties of a guardian;
- a certificate of absence in the family of a future guardian (caretaker) of a disease that prevents the placement of a person in need of care in it (issued by you at the clinic at the place of residence);
- a document on the fixation of the child's living space.
STEP 3. You must pass courses for custodians / trustees at the regional (city) center for social services for families, children and young people, and receive a certificate of tuition and guidance.
STEP 4. You have successfully completed all stages and now you can take a child under guardianship (that is, become his legal guardian) on the basis of a decision of the guardianship and guardianship body. The child lives with you!